Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Carry Me

(Get) Carried Away:
An explanation used to show exaggeration when becoming emotionally involved


The very act of being carried is one of the most physical outward gestures of genuine care, protection and love for something other than yourself.  We've all seen the pictures of a firefighter pulling a small child or animal from the depths of despair.  The pictures of a bride being whisked away by her Prince Charming after a joyous reception.  The images or mothers and fathers leaving the hospital for the first time with a new life bundled safely in a carrier.  The soldiers who've carried their fallen and wounded brothers to safety.  A lineage of husbands, sons and grandsons carrying the casket of a grandfather.  A team carrying their coach after a victory.  A child carrying their new pet out of a shelter to bring home and love.  Telling someone you'll pray for them and then taking the time to carry their wants and needs straight to heaven because you know that day, they need your strength.

When was the last time you got carried away?

Photobucket

10 comments:

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I get carried awy daily by the sheer beauty of life;-)

Stitchfork said...

Your photos always carry me away to a good place. But one of your examples still makes me cry - my sons shouldering my father's casket.
xo Cathy

Annie Wilcox Designs said...

Just recently after my son went through another sedation for stuff, I stopped him halfway down the hospital hall and asked him if he wanted me to carry him. I carried my eight year old down four floors, limp, tired and scared all the way back up four levels to the parking garage. Amazing how much strength you will give for your children in need.

OneCraftyFox said...

Oh how much I LOVE this post, Kelly!! Your words are beautiful and inspiring. It's made me stop and think the last time I got carried away. Really the only thing I can think of is when I teach mixed martial arts and I scoop up the little ones from the kids classes and have a bit of horseplay and fun with them. It makes me feel young at heart, and well, I just adore them :)

I have been missing you my friend, I have thought of you often.

xoxo Diana

About Last Weekend said...

Last Sunday my husband piggybacked me across the lawn to a restaurant....

Marie said...

What a beautiful post.. and now, you made me think...


***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Stacey said...

Beautifully expressed and I love the matching image. I would have to say when I was pregnant and when Baby Ian was born. However, I get carried away by just being a mommy and all that comes with that role:-). How are you sweet friend? It's nice to "chat" again. XX

Dawne at D Magazine said...

Falling love with Husband about a billion years ago, carried away, feeling dizzy and relishing it! *sigh*

Packer said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Packers and movers in Chennai

K-Mac said...


Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on k-mac