Monday, June 13, 2011

Winter Flushing

I think this country can officially say winter cold is so yesterday and the summer heat it here!  It's the time when we all shed.  We shed our coats, we purged our homes during spring cleaning, our clothing covers less ground and the meat comes out...I mean for the grill!  After our skin has that initial exposure time with the sun, it's then we being to shine.  Blah's and blues are melted away.  Cool beverages and splash time wake us up.  We turn all shades of red, tan, brown and blush.  Painted toes, sunblock on the nose, our grass grows and everything about us...just fades to glow :)



This being the first week of our summer vacation, I am thrilled to welcome our official start to June, July and August.  This is one of the last works I had been working on right before my camera tanked.  I do have a new camera that I look forward to working with this summer.  As upset as I was that I wasn't looking to replace my good buddy, I know that timing is everything and with my future business plans hanging in the balance, this was probably a blessing in disguise.  As we pack up this week and head out for the rest of the summer, you will be getting a tour of our travels documented by all my great and not so shots with my new friend.  This will be my summer school, so I ask that you grade me on a curve!

Have a wonderful, happy Mon Day :)

Photobucket

17 comments:

Splenderosa said...

Looking forward to all the beauty you will send our way. And, btw, I LOVE the pink above. Love it!

Annie Wilcox Designs said...

If your travels take you to Maryland, stop by and photograph us!

The Buzz Blog said...

Old friendships are so hard to lose but making new friends is such fun! I hope your summer is filled with fabulous shots.
xxoo

quintessence said...

I'll be looking forward to traveling vicariously with you!! I'm sure you'll adjust quickly to your new best friend!! Happy summer!!

Stitchfork said...

You are going to skew that curve Kel! Can't wait to see those travel curves in the road through your eyes and new friend!
xo Cathy

Katie Lane said...

Lovely photo and I LOVE your blog redesign!

OneCraftyFox said...

I for one am truly enjoying melting in the summer heat!!

Splendid Willow said...

Hi my friend, I hope you are outside enjoying some warm rays!

Did you get your Etsy store up while I was gone? I just looked around on your blog but I can't find it.

I am back from my whirlwind trip to Sweden. A little hard to get back into blogging but good to be back here!

Warm hugs,

Mon

pretty pink tulips said...

Traveling with a new friend can bring new perspectives!! Enjoy the journey and all you capture along the way!!!

Safe travels!
xo elizabeth

Charlotta Ward said...

Darling this all sounds wonderful and also very exciting. What fun to go off on a family adventure with your new 'friend'!
I can't wait to see the trip documented and look forward to sunny Summery treats!

Big hugs

xx C

Charlotta Ward said...

Darling this all sounds wonderful and also very exciting. What fun to go off on a family adventure with your new 'friend'!
I can't wait to see the trip documented and look forward to sunny Summery treats!

Big hugs

xx C

SoapyMermaid said...

lovely shades of oink. i am looking forward to seeing the holiday photos! :)

Privet and Holly said...

Looking forward
to seeing
what you see!
And don't worry,
I think we all
grade generously
here in Blog Land!
xx Suzanne

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Can't wait to see it all. Sounds like a fantastic Summer. Mona

STYLE'N said...

Oh wow you got a new camera? What did you get? And are you taking off for the entire summer? off to visit family? Lucky you my dear!!!

Emily Maxson said...

I am looking forward to seeing what you capture with your new camera! Thank you for sharing!
~Emily

Mrs Conti @ Belvivere said...

ahh gorgeous pink... love !