Monday, June 6, 2011

Asked and now Answered

Thank you for your input and playing the guessing game to my photo on Friday :)  It has been quite the busy weekend and we are heading into the last week of school for my kids.  I am just as ready for the break as my kids are.  On Sunday we went out on our boat.  It was a beautiful day and how appropriate that we were because that is where the Freaky Friday photo was taken last summer.

The answer is D, it was none of the above.  Most guessed hair clippings...sure does look like it!


There once was a time when a photograph was just that, a moment captured in time, honest and complete truth.  Hence the phrase "Pictures don't lie."  Well, that's not so true anymore.  With the amazing advancement in cameras and the introduction of editing tools, the innocence is lost and master manipulation reigns supreme.  This evolution isn't bad, it's just not as simple as it once was.  Nothing is ever black and white :)

So what is the original picture?


It is a picture that was taken after altering the settings on my camera to capture the light that is bouncing off of the water at the lake.  Here is a picture of just the light hitting the water...


I wanted a close up of the actual light bouncing around and the movement with the water.  I altered the White Balance, the Aperture and the ISO.  The only editing added was change the colors and that is why it looks like hair.

I hope you found this interesting and maybe inspiring enough to take the time to try something new, not just on a camera, but maybe on any device you might own.  I know there are features my microwave can do that I haven't even tapped into.  Same goes for my cell phone!  Technology is supposed to make life easier, but it usually ends up being to overwhelming to use everything to it's full potential.  My camera is my safe haven and the place I channel what brain power I have left in my down time.

What is your go to gadget?

Photobucket

13 comments:

Casa Bella said...

I would have never guessed that! Not in a million years. How creative!

The Buzz Blog said...

I'm still trying to figure out all the settings on my hairdryer! Love this photography lesson and how you made hair turn magically into water...
xxoo

SoapyMermaid said...

waow this is very impressive! i would nerver have guessed it either!

pretty pink tulips said...

Kelly, this is fascinating!!!

I really want to take my photography to another level - so I think a class is in my future. I can do a "pretty" picture but that's about it!

xo Elizabeth

style'n said...

Hi Kelly Frances Dunn Blog :) Super cute look

Stitchfork said...

Ah yes - wink, wink, that was my second guess! A-maz-ing what you can do! I'll be the first to sign up for your lessons!
xo Cathy

Privet and Holly said...

Funny that you
mention cell phones,
Kelly, as I have
barely scratched
the surface of my
Android; it's amazing
what it's capable
of doing! Beyond
e-mail and a few
basic apps, I've
stalled. I will take
up your battle cry
over the summer and
LEARN IT!
: ) xx Suzanne

this free bird said...

I totally would have guessed hair clippings. Crazy!

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

I love this photo-I just cut 3 inches off my daughters hair (pretty straight!) and it reminds me of the beautiful ringlets scattered on the floor! Always love your photos! xxB

Annie Wilcox Designs said...

Love it love it love it. Looks great, you have been busy and I have been out of the loop.

Same great style, fun new name....new title I mean!

le sorelle said...

That is so cool - I would've totally guessed hair-clippings! Even though I have an ordinary point-and-shoot camera, it's still my go-to gadget - I learn new things about it everyday!

-j
sorelle in style

Pulsa Murah said...

I really want to take my photography to another level - so I think a class is in my future. I can do a "pretty" picture but that's about it!

Pulsa Murah | Pulsa Elektrik Murah | Dealer Pulsa | Distributor Pulsa | Bisnis Pulsa

Master Dealer said...

Love this photography lesson and how you made hair turn magically into water...

Master Dealer Pulsa | Master Dealer Pulsa Elektrik | Master Dealer Pulsa Murah | Master Dealer Pulsa Elektrik Murah